Friday, June 3, 2011

time to conquer my fears

in sept. of 2006 i had a brutal stroke while in a cabin in the Sequoia National Forest. because of the stroke i had to retire from my job as a special education teacher in los angeles. had to quit my work as a community organizer, and basically curtailed all aspects of my life except for reading books on classic works of literature and history.  even the thought of going back to that place in the mountains would make me break out in a cold sweat. but i have decided enough is enough nd it's time for me to revisit that place of beauty and horror, in order to conquer my fear of a place. and so i am making plans to go back to that very cabin where i had the stroke, stand in the very room where i fell to the floor and was so close to death.  will i freak out?  will it be a positive experience.  i'm obviously not going alone. will need the support of my fam. and friends to do it but i am determined to do it, to conquer my fears.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could come with you! I know you will have a glorious time, soaking in all the wonder of the natural beauty around you.

    ReplyDelete