Wednesday, June 22, 2011

True Wit

it is rare when one comes across true wit. but i have recently on two occasions.  While still in the hospital i convinced my occupational therapist that we should partake in a community outing - to take the bus to the central library in downtown LA. i am an avid reader, after all.  she agreed.  After researching the route and bus line we took off one fine spring morning and caught the downtown shuttle bus headed to the library.  I sat in between two  young therapists, both beautiful young ladies.  On the bus was an african american in his 30s.  I commented to him,
"what a great day, huh? here i am in between two beautiful young ladies.  What can be better than that," I rhetorically asked him.
Without pause and showing true wit he remarked in a deadpan manner, "a six pack of beer".
I had no reply.  I was stunned by his comment.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have great wit and that's why you hear it in others. This was a fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ms. goddess, glad you enjoyed that. but now I am curious about you. won't you tell me something interesting about yourself? Sal

    ReplyDelete